At the Law Office of Dan Kirby, we know how important your children are to you. We also know how stressful custody disputes can be when you and your spouse decide to divorce.
At our Houston-based law firm ensuring your children do not get lost in the shuffle is our top concern. When it comes to custody, visitation and all other matters related to your children, we will work tirelessly to craft a plan that protects their legal rights and best interests.
We take your parental rights and your children's rights seriously. Call 713-965-6807 to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your case.
Helping You And Your Children
In Texas, the more colloquial term "custody" is referred to as "conservatorship," legally speaking. Ultimately, there are two types of conservatorship: sole managing conservatorship and joint managing conservatorship. Barring extenuating circumstances, the law presumes that both parents should be appointed joint managing conservators, which means you will need to come to agreement on issues such as:
- A visitation schedule that takes into account holidays, weekends and school vacations
- Consenting to the child enlisting in the armed forces or entering into marriage
- Deciding on medical care, education and religion
- Choosing where the child lives
It is important to realize that in the case of a joint managing conservatorship, rights are not necessarily equally split and the court may configure conservatorship based on how it sees fit. We can help with issues such as:
- Ensuring you pay or receive a fair amount of child support
- Establishing paternity so you can have a relationship with your child
- Negotiating visitation agreements for grandparents
- Represent you in SAPCR proceedings so you can maintain a relationship with your child
If you are working through these or other conservatorship issues, get in touch with our team at the Law Office of Dan Kirby. We will bring the comprehensive knowledge, expertise and hands-on approach that we have honed in more than 20 years of family law experience to help you ideally address any issue.
Contact Us To Schedule A Consultation
Our attorney and team will work directly with you to understand your unique circumstances and goals and help you reach a best possible outcome as soon as possible — one that preserves immediate and long-term well-being.
To schedule an initial consultation with our Houston custody and visitation lawyer, call 713-965-6807 or email the firm.